Women Veterans of America, Chapter 48, received its Charter on June 6, 2017. We began with a total of six officers, who founded the organization in Denton County, Texas. We are an established and approved, 501 (C) 19, nonprofit organization. By the end of Year One we had grown to over 70 members. The organization was established to bring support and camaraderie to the surrounding women veterans.
- Ensure the best possible care is given to women Veterans by the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers.
- Ensure that women Veterans have access to the same level of benefits from the Veterans Benefits Administration.
- Ensure that women Veterans receive the same level of respect, recognition and honor as our brother Veterans.
This is accomplished by:
- Providing information and support to women Veterans
- To be liaisons to proper government agencies
- To assist women Veterans in obtaining VA Benefits
- Serve on Women Veteran Advisory Committees
- Serve through the VA Volunteer Services
- Participate in Veteran Outreaches
- Participate in ceremonies honoring all Veterans
- Become involved in local and national issues pertaining to all women Veterans including those currently in the military